Sunday, February 27, 2011

Different cultures, different handling of customers...

I recently was in one of the terminal...excuse me but I was late to catch my flight about 1hour to closing time and there I was pleading with guys on the queue to at least let me drop off my luggage...lucky for me I had already checked in online, thank God for this kind of technology available. On arrival at the luggage drop off desk the customer care agent said that I was already late and there is nothing much she could do. I was almost in tears since I had an important paper to present the next day in the morning!

She had to talk to her boss and finally I was allowed to check in but on one condition that I carry my own bag! I was sweating and panting by the time I was upstairs and heading to my boarding gate!! Wondering why they do not have those luggage trolleys for customers like us so we do not have to carry the bags in case we are late...trust me I was not the only one...I had left others downstairs who had not even checked in...perhaps most airlines should consider the luggage trolleys not just when getting into the airport but also when your inside the airport???

Anyway that aside....I finally was able to catch my flight and lucky for me in time when they were just boarding and was able to make my presentation the next day in time too!!!!

I think that journey must have been set for me to be late for my flights..since on my way back I was late again!!! Only difference was..on arriving at the customer care desk, I was able to cut the queue and met smiling faces at the customer care desk. On telling them that I was late, they took my ticket and discussed amongst themselves and guess what they said? " Madam utaiwai hiyo ndege, hujachelewa bado" translation " Madam, youre not late, you'll get your flight and are just in time!" I was shocked since that is not what I expected since it was 45mins to boarding time???

Can anyone tell me which countries I was dealing with here??

I am soo sure youre guess will be as good as the correct answer!

2 comments:

Rose Image Consultants said...

First i have to say you are very daring, i hate queues at airports and so i try to get there 4 hours before but yeah i think i can guess the countries......

Unknown said...

Kenya and Tz Respectively. Good job with the blog. I'll be checking on it often.